Pages

Navigation Menu

We Met On Tinder...


So, Tinder is a thing I've not been on in nearly a year now, and from what I hear it's changed quite a bit since I was last on it.  There's this thing called 'super like' now, and it appears you have one 'super like' a day and you can tell someone you think they're really something special by 'super liking' them.  I would've 'super liked' Aaron if that feature was about way back when, but it wasn't, so I just liked him.

For those of you who don't know what it is, have been in relationships spanning the time in which Tinder came along and took over everyone's lives; it's a dating app.  A really, really, superficial, shallow, dating app.  You swipe either right - for those you fancy - or left - for those you don't (if I remember correctly) but you can click on their profile and read their bio, if you're more interested than just their initial looks.  You set a radius, the furthest distance you're willing to travel, I suppose, and an age range, and then you get the people who fit your criteria - if you fit theirs.

Anyway, this isn't about Tinder, it's about Aaron.  But that's how we met.  You tell people you meet on Tinder and you're either greeted with an "Aww that's so sweet" or a "Oh.. right."  Many people think Tinder is only there for "one thing" but that's down to its user's discretion, if you want to make friends (I met someone who had just recently moved and wanted to make friends in the area), then you can; if you want to find a partner, then you can; and if you want it solely for that "one thing" then go ahead and try your luck, it's entirely up to you.

I certainly wasn't expecting to meet anyone like Aaron on Tinder.  I didn't even want a boyfriend for two years. It was an app that allowed me to meet many new faces, none of them really had any lasting impact on my life, but Aaron and I were talking for well over three months before we finally met.  We exchanged numbers not long after we started talking and then we were texting and Snapchatting pretty much every day, only adding each other on Facebook after we realised our birthday's were right next to each other.  After we did finally meet in January, Aaron practically moved in with me for two months straight as he had a lot of time off for work.  Now we're in December, getting ready for our first Christmas together, and I can honestly say I'm so grateful for that app.  Since knowing each other, we realised we have a lot of weird connections and we may have met one day eventually anyway; a few mutual friends, and a few crossed paths, but Tinder perhaps sped the process up somewhat.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that Tinder isn't as a bad as everyone thinks - dating websites have existed for who knows how long, and they got a bad rep to begin with too.  Tinder helped me find my soulmate and I'm so glad that app exists.  For those trying to find love naturally, or to be set up by friends, or to wait for it to fall into their lap; good luck, but there is nothing embarrassing about using or being on Tinder and I know so many successful couples from it.

This sounds like I'm being paid by Tinder to write this (I wish), but honestly, it can work.

Aaron is everything I've ever wanted in life and he's the best thing to happen to me, so I wanted to do The Boyfriend Tag with him to commemorate our nearly one year anniversary.  I love him so much and I hope you enjoy the extra-long (10 and a half minutes) video because there are some points where he makes me laugh so much I just couldn't cut it out.

Sorry for the essay, enjoy the boyfriend tag!

0 comments:

Follow @ alicefliguori